Subscribe by Email

"Almost Unpoetic": a review of my books

Sabne Raznik, a poet, book reviewer and freelance writer based in Kentucky in the US, has posted a review of my three books on Yahoo! Voices under the heading 'The Work of Christodoulos Makris'. It's a generally positive response to them, particularly to Muses Walk ("With it, one begins to see that Makris is an important poet, not just for sleepy Ireland, but perhaps for the world," she writes) but not without expressing some reservations along the way.

I must note a couple of factual inaccuracies: the project for which Muses Walk was originally conceived and made is an international one, called 'An Inventory of Al-Mutanabbi Street'; and, much as I wish it were true, there has been no recent trip to Greece.

Comments

Congratulations on the review, Akis!
Sabne Raznik said…
So that TV interview you posted here was not in Greece? Sorry, I misunderstood. Thanks for pointing that out. And thanks for the shout out. :)
It was on Cypriot TV. Hey, many thanks to you for your attention to the books!
Sabne Raznik said…
My pleasure. "Muses Walk" is one of the best little books I've had the joy of reading.

Popular posts from this blog

It Reeks of Radio: video interview and reading for the Irish Poetry Reading Archive

'Is this a poem?' at Museum of Literature Ireland (MoLI)

European Review of Poetry, Books and Culture