Subscribe by Email

Features in Φιλελεύθερος and Cyprus Mail newspapers

A double-spread feature on my work by arts writer Elena Parpa appeared in the culture supplement of Sunday's (20 May) edition of Φιλελεύθερος - in terms of circulation Cyprus' largest broadsheet newspaper. With a title loosely translated as 'The Audacity of Poetry' and gleaned in the main out of a long conversation Elena and I had last week, it's a considered and well-researched piece, taking in my writing origins and concerns, my activities and inclinations, and much else, without falling back on cliché or easy conclusions. Our conversation took place in English, but she rendered what we talked about expertly in Greek. It can be viewed online in two separate parts (pages 24 and 25).

*

Also, last Tuesday 15 May - on the morning of my reading at the Home for Cooperation in Nicosia - the Cyprus Mail, the island's main English-language daily paper, published a piece on my work and upcoming participation in Poetry Parnassus. Though welcome, this is (in contrast) a heavily edited transcription of responses I gave to a series of questions they submitted - omitting most of the juicier stuff and inevitably distorting emphasis and meaning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

some mark made

'Capital' at Irish Museum of Modern Art

Inflammatory Speech: an Irish Museum of Modern Art commission